Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Digital Literacy: Evaluation

my product: the slides i made (which i was assigened) go with my desgin spesification which states that: 1. Must be related to the topic of Digital Literacy.2. Must include outlook into the majority of grades to show how it differs in different levels.3. Recommended to be the time of about 4 minutes.4. Suggested that it be tested with a survey to completely random students, and they should be from all different grades.5. Suggested that it use images and photographs.6. Should be bright so that it attracts attention.7. Must be informative and educational.8. Suggested that it also be fun so that people are interested.9. Must include a bibliography in MLA format. and the slides i used were all in that format and followed those guidelines. the slides i did were about digital literacy in grades 6,7,8,9, so basicly middle school even though 9th grade is high-school. so that follows my desgin speisfication, and my slides even though do not take four minutes, when added to the rest of the completed powerpoint it is about four minutes.
I asked a few of my friends and classmates to evaluate my slides (not the entire powerpoint, becase it was not quiet done), I asked Neha Ahmed and Amna Nasralla and Mohamed Khalout and Hadi Zahraan; I asked these people so that my evaluations on my slides vary and I can realy see what is the problem in it, and what is good about my slides.
Neha Ahmed's evaluation on my slides were that it was clear in the sences that it is simple and basic. She liked it and said that it was good for explaing briefly and the basic idea of Digital Literacy, but it needed more detail, and that I needed to make it more spasific. Just so that it makes it clear to the last point what Digital Literacy is.
Amna Nasralla's evaluation on my slides was that they were clear presse and good. They made it easy to understand the concept of digital literacy, in genral and how it is used in the grades 6,7,8, and 9. she liked the way I made the powerpoint in bullet points and brief sentences/words, becase ot made it easier to pay attention to it and make it more simple. Which she said simpler is better.
Mohamed Kalout's evaluation on my slides were that even though it was easy to understand, he felt that I did not realy explore all I can in the concept of Digital Literacy in the grades 6 though 9.
Yazan's evaluation was that they were amazing and tha he understood the concept clearly and better from my slides then all the reaserch he did this year on the topic.
I think I worked well in each stage of the evaluation very well and productively. I did not find it very hard to follow the deign cycle. For example during the investigation I just had a bit of trouble in the begingin understanding what Digital Literacy is; but when I did I had no trouble with the investigation and answering the questions on the Digiteen Wiki the page on Digital literacy. The design was not difficult becase we had the template orginised in a story bored and each one nows there specific slides and what they need to mention on them, so for me I new exactly what I need to mention that I barley had to do any more research to complete my slides. The plan was something I would write as the prosess was moving forward and just make notes and comments on what I did, which is very simple and straight forward. Then with all this the making of the slides barley took ten minutes. So I can say with confidence that I had no trouble following the design cycle for this project.

No comments: